Friday, September 09, 2005

 

The Book Store


Yesterday was an absolute whirlwind of a day. The day began 7:30am teaching Greek and ended at 10:00pm teaching a class at church on Bible study resources. In between, it was a non-stop barage of conversations, hospitals, problems, errands, meetings, "I only need to talk to you for a minute" meetings that lasted 30, solutions, and open house for my kids at school. In between hospital visits and an early lunch meeting, I discovered an empty hour in my schedule. So, I was just going to sleep in my car in the restaurant parking lot (that's the kind of week it has been--that I would actually consider that kind of sleep desirable.) But, as I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a gift from heaven--BORDERS!

I almost cried. What a blessing to have a free hour in a bookstore in the midst of a crazy day. It was like a cool drink of water while walking in the desert. I was reminded that I absolutely LOVE bookstores. Stepping through the doors was like entering the secret treasure room. The "Literature" section called my name. That was the fastest hour I've had in a long, long time. I didn't walk out with any new books (it's hard to pay retail with the internet), but my soul was definitely refreshed and I thanked God for the little blessing of the book store.

So, what is your favorite bookstore to get lost in? Which section do you usually end up in?

Comments:
My favorite bookstore is in Joplin. It is called Hastings. I have read many good books in that store. The best part is you can hide books in the Christian Living section and no one messes with them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?