Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Tested by Time by James Garlow

I love a good hot dog. But over the past week I've had exactly seven. As I was finishing the seventh yesterday, I thought I was going to spew (which would have been embarassing since I was as Tapawingo National Golf Course at a really nice tournament.) A little of a good thing is fantastic. But by the seventh hot dog, a good thing turns sickening. Now I don't want a hot dog (which I really like) for a long time. This book was like eating seven hot dogs.

John Maxwell, is the self proclaimed guru of leadership. He has some good ideas and principles, but if you have read one of his books then you're read them all. His book titled The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership was a descent read. James Garlow (who followed Maxwell as Sr. Pastor at Skyline Wesleyan) took the 21 Laws and illustrated them from people in history.

Since I'm a serious history buff, I thought this would be enthralling reading. After two chapters, it just became a chore to read. By the end, I was just shoving the hot dogs down. Great concept, great research, even good writing. It just wasn't worth a whole book. I kept thinking, "Didn't I just read this chapter?" Should have stopped with two hot dogs.

Rating: 1 Star

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?